domingo, 19 de outubro de 2008

Truques

One thing you notice on big tournaments like Grand Prix Paris, is that many players to things to get good luck. Sometimes it’s items, like a giant Beaver, a miniature figure of Fransesco Totti, a lucky shirt, or a pair of unwashed jeans,. Sometimes it’s more abstract, like shuffling in a special manner or a prayer. What do our Pros do to get that extra bit of luck? Here’s a choice collection of things the pros do – or don’t do. Bear in mind that some of these did not make day 2. Maybe they should change their lucky charms, right, Kenji Tsumura?

Olivier Ruel Remi Fortier: “There is no luck, so I don’t do anything.”
Kenny Öberg: “Yes, I shuffle in a special, fractal-based manner that not many other players do.”
Shuuhei Nakamura: “A player needs skill and luck, but I don’t to anything to get extra luck.”
Raphael Levy: “I dont have anything special that I do, but sometimes I sing a song in my head, to keep me focused.”
Olivier Ruel: “If I win a game, I try to get to my table early and sit on the same side as I did the previous game. I think that you should not be very superstitous, but if you have something that makes you confident, you should do it, since the more confident you are, the better you play.”
Kenji Tsumura: “I don’t do anything to get extra luck, unfortunately.”

Sem comentários: